Tips For Healthy Living
- Incorporate at least 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
- Check local news sources for air quality updates. Plan to enjoy the outdoors early in the day if the air quality index is above 100.
- Moderate your caloric intake. Enjoy lean meats, low fat food products and remember: Fresh is Best!
- If you smoke, try to quit. Free help is available at our local American Lung Association - 847-4700 or at 1-800-no butts.
- Take your medications as prescribed. Don’t ‘just quit taking something because you are feeling better. Contact your physician prior to making any changes.
Tips for inhaler use
- Fully exhale – long and slow
- Begin to inhale
- Activate your inhaler while inhaling
- Keep inhaling for at least three seconds
- Hold your breath for at least five seconds
- Wait at least one minute between puffs and different inhalers